perjantai 20. toukokuuta 2011

Gregg Allmanilta & Tony Iommilta muistelmat!

Following in the footsteps of Keith Richards, Sammy Hagar, Steven Tyler and Pete Townshend, Gregg Allman will finally put his story to pen and paper. The Allman Brothers legend signed a deal with William Morrow and will release his memoirs next spring.
In a statement, Allman said: “When I got out of high school, I thought, ‘I'll take a year or two off and play the clubs, get this out of my system and then go to med school.’ More than 40 years later, I figure it's finally time to write about this crazy journey that's taken me around the world and back.”
The Allman Brothers Band was formed in 1969 by Gregg Allman, his brother Duane, Dickey Betts, Berry Oakley, Butch Trucks and Jaimoe Johanson. Following the tragic deaths of Duane Allman in 1971 and Berry Oakley in 1972, the band soldiered on and—despite a few breakups and reunions—the Allmans have continued their tradition as one of rock’s great live acts to this day.

Black Sabbath’s Tony Iommi is the latest rock star to get in on the autobiography fad.
His future includes an autobiography called, Iron Man: My Life with Black Sabbath and Beyond, as well as supergroup WhoCares, which is a collaboration between Iommi and Deep Purple vocalist Ian Gillan.
Excerpts from the chat are below, on his future plans:
“I’ve got a lot of things in the can, but I can’t talk about that at the moment. I am doing my autobiography now, which comes out at the end of this year. I’m also doing [music for] three movies. It’s gonna be three altogether, but I’m doing one first and then we’ll take on another one next year or whenever. But I’ve signed up with a producer for three films. So that’s something else that’s gonna keep me very busy. And I’ve also got another project that I’m writing at the moment. I’m doing a lot of writing.”
WhoCares will drop their debut single in North America on June 27 through Eagle Rock Entertainment and in Europe on May 24 via earMUSIC.
Blabbermouth.net

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti